WEST GRIMSTEAD VILLAGE HALL
Plays an import role....keeping the community together and supplying endless events for all to enjoy.
Email Contact:- firstname.lastname@example.org
West Grimstead Village Hall, built during 1912-13, had a great impact upon the Village socail life. The Parish Room as it was then called was built entirely by local people. Lord Radnor gave the land and the services of the architect. Local Builder Mr. Penn did the building with the Farmers hauling all the materials from local sites. The names of the eight farmers who did the haulage are also recorded.Read More
History of “TheTree of Life” church window. This window, in the south east aisle of the church, was installed in December 1996 and dedicated at the village Carol Service on 22nd December.. It was funded by the small profit made from the celebration of 700 years of continuous record of rectors at St. John’s Church, West Grimstead in June 1994. The balance was by specific donations from members of the community of all denominations.Read More
The first school at West Grimstead was mentioned in 1839 when there was a day school where children stayed until the age of 12 years. In that year there were 13 boys and 18 girls attending. It would have been housed either in the curate’s house or in a cottage where the teacher lived and was maintained by the rector who contributed £6 a year. The scholars paid one penny a week to attend.A schoolroom for 60 children at Grimstead was built in 1856.Read More